How to Prepare Your Appliances For the Spring
Posted on 3/8/2023
Spring is just around the corner, which means it's time to start thinking about deep cleaning your kitchen and home appliances. Over time, our ovens, dishwashers, refrigerators, and other home and kitchen appliances can accumulate dirt, grime, and bacteria, which can impact their performance and even lead to health hazards. That's why we'll share the best tips on how to prepare your appliances for the spring so that they can perform and look their best for years to come!
Table of Contents
Why It's Important To Deep Clean Your Appliances
General Tips To Keep Your Appliances Looking Their Best
Tips On How To Deep Clean Your Oven
The oven is one of the most important appliances in your kitchen, and it's also one of the most challenging to clean. To properly deep clean your oven, here are some recommended tips:
- Make sure you remove the racks and let them soak in hot water with dishwashing detergent for around 15 minutes.
- If the interior of your oven is looking dull and full of gunk, mix baking soda and water to form a paste. Then apply the paste to the interior of the oven and let it sit overnight, wipe it clean with a damp cloth the next day for the best results.
- To deal with stubborn stains, use a scraper or a steel wool pad to remove any unwanted food and stains efficiently.
Tips On How To Deep Clean Your Refrigerator
A clean refrigerator not only looks good but also helps keep your food fresh and healthy. To deep clean your refrigerator, follow these tips:
- It’s best to completely empty out your refrigerator before you begin cleaning to ensure you have easy access to every inch of your fridge. Make sure to throw away any expired food in the process.
- Remove the shelves and drawers to wash them separately with soap and water.
- To thoroughly clean the interior of your fridge, use a mixture of water and white vinegar to clean the walls. Then wipe the interior dry with a clean cloth.
Did you know? You can line your refrigerator shelves with plastic wrap to make the cleaning process very easy.
Tips On How To Deep Clean Your Dishwasher
The dishwasher is another appliance that needs regular cleaning to function effectively. Here are a few tips to help you deep clean your dishwasher:
- Before you begin cleaning, remove the filter and clean it with dish soap and water.
- Once you clean your washer, we suggest running a wash cycle with a cup of vinegar placed on the top rack. This will help remove any grease and grime.
- Wipe the exterior with a damp microfiber cloth to keep your washer looking glossy and new.
Tips On How To Deep Clean Your Cooktop
Your cooktop can easily accumulate dirt, grease, and food residue, which can affect its performance. To deep clean your cooktop, follow these tips:
- Remove the burners and soak them in hot soapy water for around 15 minutes.
- Wipe the surface with a mixture of baking soda and water, then use a scraper or a steel wood pad for stubborn stains.